This is my second Classics Club spin since joining, so I’m quite excited to see what I get to read next! I have been steadily working through the books on my list (plus a backlogged review), but I still have the vast majority of them to go, so let’s do this.
My method of picking which 20 of my remaining list to put forward for the spin is, again, not profound: I decided to try and see if I happened to have 20 books by female authors left on my list, but I only came up with 11, so I just padded the rest of the list out with other books that interest me most right now. As a result, some of them appeared on my last spin, but I randomized them again, so voilà, presto:
- Vile Bodies (1930) by Evelyn Waugh
- Pygmalion (1913) by George Bernard Shaw
- Leaves of Grass (1855) by Walt Whitman
- The Handmaid’s Tale (1985) by Margaret Atwood
- Rainbow Valley (1919) by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
- This Side of Paradise (1920) by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Stone Angel (1964) by Margaret Lawrence
- Steppenwolf (1929) by Herman Hesse
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin (1852) by Harriet Beecher Stowe (re-read)
- Ethan Frome (1911) by Edith Wharton
- The Metamorphosis (1915) by Franz Kafka
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1920) by Agatha Christie
- The Dubliners (1914) by James Joyce
- A Lady of Quality (1896) by Frances Hodgson Burnett**
- The House of Mirth (1905) by Edith Wharton
- The Triumph of the Scarlet Pimpernel (1922) by Baroness Emma Orczy
- The Marble Faun (1860) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Fahrenheit 451 (1953) by Ray Bradbury
- The Left Hand of Darkness (1969) by Ursula K. Le Guin
- To Kill A Mockingbird (1960) by Harper Lee (re-read)
Happy spinning to all you Classics Clubbers out there!
This has been my second Classics Club Spin! Check out my whole list here.